1869 MIT Entrance Exam: Arithmetic
- Find the sum, then the difference, and then the product of 3 5/9 and 1 7/24. Divide 3 5/9 by 1 7/24.
- Multiply 73 thousandths by 19 hundreths.
- Divide 2880 by by .0036.
- Find the value in decimals of 1/5 + 3/4.
- What part of the month of August is 7/18 minutes.
- How many degrees in .01 of a circumference.
- By selling a house and a lot for $5,790, the owner lost 3 1/2 percent. What was their cost?
Note: This is not really mathematics humor, but it becomes humorous when you think about how things have changed...and have not changed.