My former middle school students were challenged to produce "interesting' thoughts on changes to the metric system...Remember, there once was a debate and concerns!
I dare to share some of their "edited" results:
Sorry, I swear they actually learned something useful about the metric system as well!
- Eat a 0.3048 meterlong hotdog
- Open your mouth and change 0.3048 meters
- Did you watch Sunday's 0.3048 meterball game
- I wouldn't touch that with a 3.048 meter pole
- Measure with a 0.9144 meterstick
- Let's play in my back 0.9144 meters
- When parking, look for the 1.09361 yardmaid
- Eat some 0.453592 kilogram cake
- Spare the 5.029 meters and spoil the child
- He talked 1.60934 kilometers a minute Go to the 0.3048 meter of the line!
- I found a 2.54 centimeter worm
- The text's page has a 0.3048 meter note
- See the car race sponsored by the National Hot 5.029 Meter Association
- Give him 2.54 centimeters and he'll take 1.6093 kilometers
- Have you read the book God's Little 0.4047 Hectare?
- Pick your dog up at the 0.453592 kilogram
- A sliding baseball player was out by 1609.3 meters.
- See that 2.54 centimeter worm crawling up your arm?
- My dad calls me his little quarter-liter.
- Wear a 37.8541 liter hat