Mathematical But Famous Nonmathematicians I
All of the following people share a common element...they all studied mathematics in college as majors or minors....though some left before completing a degree. Given their first name and profession/position (former?), can you identify them by unscrambling their last names?
Once deciphered, read about the people and their mathematical studies.
- Corazon NOQUAIN: President of the Philipines
- Ralph BREANTHAY: Civil rights leader with Martin Luther King
- Harry CLAMNUK: Justice on Supreme Court
- Ira LARGESS: Executive Director of American Civil Liberties Union
- Lewis LARCROL: Author of children's books
- Paul EVILNEAP: President of France...and early passenger of Wright Bros.
- David KINDSIN: Mayor of New York City
- Carl WRANO: Washington Post columnist
- Alberto IFROMUJI: President of Peru
- Lee Hsien GLONO: Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore
- Art FLARGEKUN: Musician
- Leon STORYKT: Russian revolutionary
- Grace RHEPOP: First female U.S. Rear Admiral and inventor of COBOL
- Eamon de RALEVA: Prime-Minister/President of Ireland
- Ernst TERMSEAN: Founder and conductor of Orchestra de la Suisse Romande
Source: Adaptation of S. Buyske's "Famous Nonmathematicians," AMM, Nov. 1993, pp. 845-847