Mini-Conference on Teaching Calculus
Do you see an error in this diagram?
The Fourth-Corner Support Network for Calculus Teachers (Funded by the Calculus Consortium) invites you to attend a Mini-Conference on Calculus: From the Classroom to the Concrete.
It will be held Friday, May 19 (6:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
Saturday, May 20 (8:00 am – 4:30 pm) in Bellingham High School, Bellingham, WA.
The intended audience includes mathematics teachers (high school, community college, and university levels) who teach calculus (or pre-calculus).
The impressive list of speakers will share their ideas on teaching calculus, necessary prerequisites, AP concerns/techniques, hands-on teaching ideas, calculus applets, applications of calculus, use of technology, and more...
- David Bressoud, Math Dept, Macalester College, St. Paul, MN
- Dan Teague, North Carolina School of Science & Mathematics, Durham, NC
- David Nuckley, Applied Biomechanics, UW, Seattle, WA
- Will Webber, Math Dept, Whatcom Community College, Bellingham, WA
- Branko Curgus, Math Dept, WWU, Bellingham, WA
- Kris Lindeblad, Math Specialist, Spokane Public Schools, Spokane, WA
- Chuck Stevens, Math Dept, Skagit College, Mount Vernon, WA
- Millie Johnson, Math Dept, WWU, Bellingham, WA
- Robbin O’Leary, Math Dept, Seattle Pacific University, Seattle, WA
- Daniel Heath, Math Dept, Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA
- Daphne Sluys, Math Dept, Whatcom Community College, Bellingham, WA
The registration fee of $15 (if paid by 5/15)covers meals and materials...what a deal!
For more information, copy of program, a registration form, or discussion of the error in the diagram, contact Marty Atkins [email@example.com] or Jerry Johnson [firstname.lastname@example.org].