2nd Annual Mini-Conference on Teaching Calculus
Do you see an error in this diagram?
The Whatcom/Skagit Mathematics Partnership invites you to attend a Mini-Conference on Teaching Precalculus and Calculus: Content, Issues and Techniques.
It will be held Saturday, May 19 (8:00 am – 4:30 pm) on the campus of Western washington University, Bellingham, WA.
The intended audience includes mathematics teachers (high school, community college, and university levels) who teach calculus and pre-calculus.
The impressive list of speakers will share their ideas on teaching calculus, necessary prerequisites, AP concerns/techniques, hands-on teaching ideas, history of calculus, course blogs, applications of calculus ideas, use of graphics technology, and more...
- Sarah Greewald, Math Dept, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
- Len Wapner, Math Dept, El Camino College, Torrance, CA
- Kim Ragsdale, Math Dept, Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
- Kaleb Allinson, Math Dept, Lake Stevens School District, Lake Stevens, WA
- Chris Jensen, Math Dept, Sedro-Woolley School District, Sedro-Woolley, WA
- Dave Wright, Math Dept, Tahoma School District, Maple Valley, WA
The registration fee of $20 (if paid and received by 5/14) covers partial speaker costs, noon meal, refreshments, parking, and materials...what a deal!
For more information, a copy of the program, a registration form, or to report the error in the above diagram, please contact Jerry Johnson [email@example.com].