Workshop for High School/Community College Mathematics Teachers
Monday, November 5, 2007, 8:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
Seattle Sheraton Hotel (Washington State Convention Center)
Sponsored by INFORMS – The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
Purpose: The workshop provides teachers with applications that can stimulate their students' interest in mathematics. Participants become aware of real-world applications that can be shared with their students. Teachers also receive a generous packet of take-away materials, including work modules and videos.
Example of relevant applications:
For additional information about the conference, contact:
- How can we determine the best route for a delivery truck?
- How should we schedule employee work shifts?
- What’s the best strategy in a game of blackjack?
- How long are the lines at Disneyland? Or at Costco?
Ron Hebron, Boeing Company, 425-373-2799 [Ronald.L.Hebron@Boeing.com]
Professor Dave Goldsman, Georgia Tech University [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Please look at and use our high-school/community-college specific materials for operations research, which are on-line at HSOR.ORG web site.
For more information, consult the conference web site.
- Space will be provided for up to 50 registrants
- Registrations must be postmarked or faxed no later than October 26, 2007
- Registration fee is $25.00 (including tasty refreshments and lunch); please make check payable to INFORMS
- Send your name, address, school, and subjects taught, together with your registration fee, to: Teachers Workshop – Seattle, c/o Lynn Murray, INFORMS, 12 Breakneck Hill Rd. #102, Lincoln, RI 02865-3900. Phone: 800-343-0062 ext. 200, Fax: 401-722-2951, Email:
- Washington clock-hour credit will be available