Looking For A Connection?
Looking for a way to bring in real-world uses of mathematics into your classroom? A good resource to search is TeachEngineering Resources for K-12.
Hosted by the National Science Digital Library, it is a searchable collection of standards-based engineering curricula designed to help make applied science and mathematics "come alive" in classrooms. The FREE resource includes 500+ multi-week units, single lessons, and hands-on activities.
These mathematics-linked possibilities are ready for you to explore:
If you want to support this resource further, they are looking for both reviewers and creators of new curricula. It is a good chance to get involved and share your expertise.
- Algebra: 1 unit, 9 lessons, and 30 activities
- Data Anlaysis and Probability: 2 units, 5 lessons, and 13 activities
- Geometry: 3 units, 20 lessons, and 38 activities
- Measurement: 4 units, 20 lessons, and 50 activities
- Number and Operations: 2 lessons and 7 activities
- Problem-Solving: 1 unit, 11 lessons, and 16 activities
- Reasoning and Proof: 1 unit, 6 lessons, and 10 activities