Bitz of Ritz Blitz
Ritz Crackers is celebrating its 75th Anniversary, amidst some interesting data:
Task 1: Estimate the number of Ritz crackers sold thus far (1934-Present Date).
- The crackers are called Ritz after the hotel Ritz-Carlton to conjure up images of wealth and glamour
- The first Ritz crackers were sold on November 21st, 1934, and in that first year, they sold approximately 40 crackers for each American
- As the crackers were an instant hit in Europe, many men would take chocolate-box shaped boxes of Ritz Crackers to propose to their girlfriends
- Americans buy more boxes of the Original Ritz cracker than any other cracker
- Approximately 22.5 billion Ritz crackers are sold annually
- 1 out of 3 home pantries include a box of Ritz crackers
- Each Original Ritz cracker has 7 holes and 46 scallops around its edges
Question 1: If stacked in a single pile, would they reach the moon?
Question 2: If arranged in concentric circles, what would be the diameter? Would the total area cover the State of Washington?
Question 3: If laid end to end around the earth's equator, how many freeway lanes could be constructed?