Reminds Me Of My Wedding...
Lakshmi Mittal, a billionaire steel tycoon recently ranked the fourth richest person in the world, felt that money was not a factor when funding the marriage of his daughter
Vanisha Mittal to Amit Bhatia. The two got married in June, 2004 in the 17th-century chateau Vaux le Vicomte in France. Consider these facts regarding the wedding celebration:
Note: You can make up your problems from this data. However, what is disturbing is that the cost of one bottle of Mouton-Rothschild exceeds the yearly wages of a worker in Mittal's steel plant in Kazakhstan!
- The events lasted six days
- The cost neared $80 million, compared to the average American wedding cost of about $30,000
- The invitation letter was 20 pages long, enclosed in a silver box and filled with romantic poems written by one of Mittal's family members...and included jade necklaces or diamond watches for close family friends
- Twelve Boeing jets were chartered to transport the 1500 guests from throughout the world to the wedding site
- More than 10,000 fresh flowers decorated the chateau daily
- Under the direction of a top chef from Calcutta, 45 professional cooks catered more than 100 different dishes for the event, including creating a "grand" wedding cake
- 5,000 bottles of Mouton-Rothschild (dated 1986) were consumed, with each bottle costing more than $500
- Pop diva Kylie Minogue was paid $520,000 for a half-hour performance, or about $300 per second