Not Taking Sides But....!
According to IRS statistics (which never lie!) reported this past February:
Sorry...no question for you or anyone else...but I wonder why I can't pay a 16.6% tax rate as well?
- The 400 highest-earning U.S. households made nearly $345 million in the year 2007
- This was up 31% from the year 2006
- This was more than double the $131.1 million reported in 2001, when new tax laws were adopted
- And in 2007, each of these top 400 earning households paid an average tax rate of 16.6%
- the tax rate for these same households in 1993 was 29.4%
Source: New York Times, February 18, 2010