Give Me Some Room!
The following chart lists the Top 10 cities based on their areas in square miles:
Task: Search out the land areas of each of these cities, and convert these values into square feet. The, determine the amount of room or space for a person living in each of those cities.
- Tokyo, Japan : 33,400,000 people
- Seoul, Korea : 23,100,000 people
- Mexico City, Mexico : 22,000,000 people
- New York, US : 21,800,000 people
- Mumbai (Bombay), India : 21,100,000 people
- Delhi, India : 20,800,000 people
- Sao Paulo, Brazil : 20,300,000 people
- Shanghai, China : 18,600,000 people
- Los Angeles, US : 17,900,000 people
- Jakarta, Infonesia : 16,900,000 people
Source: Adapted from R. Ash's Top 10 of Everything: 2008