Reaching For 5-Miles?
How many steps do you take in a single "average" day? And, how far (in distance) do these steps carry you?
Some recent guidelines have suggested that a person try to walk 10,000 steps per day. How far is that (assuming a normal stride length is 2.5 feet)? And, how does your value compare to the recommended value?
Now, extend this question to someone participating in a sport. That is, how far does one travel when...:
Note: You can make up your own extensions...
- Running throughout a basketball game?
- Running throughout a football game?
- Running in a baseball game?
- Running througout a soccer match?
- Skating in a hockey match?
- Walking throughout 18 holes of golf?