Earn-A-Record: Eat A Lot of Anything Fast
Consider these "glutton" records, according to the International Federation of Competitive Eating:
Sorry, no time or inclination to pose a task regarding these statistics...as the last one made me sick!
- Molly Schuyler, a 125-pound mother of four, ate two 72-ounce steaks, a baked potato, a buttered roll, a shrimp cocktail, and a salad in less than 15 minutes
- In April 2004, Richard Lefevre ate 6 pounds of SPAM in 12 minutes
- In August 2005, Sonya Thomas ate 44 lobsters in 12 minutes
- In May 2011. Patrick Bertoletti ate 275 pickled Jalapenos in 8 minutes
- In October 2013, Joey Chestnut (of Coney Island hot dog fame!) ate 121 Twinkies in 6 minutes
- Takeru Kobayashi ate 57 cow brains (17.7 pounds) in 15 minutes
- In February 2002, Olg Zhornitskiy ate 1 gallon of mayonnaise in 8 minutes
If you are not sick yet, do a search on YouTube of "mayonnaise eating" (as I refuse to provide a specific link). Or, visit the "Records" section on the website for the International Federation of Competitive Eating...I am sure something will bother you as well!
Source: Variation of article in TIME, June 16, 2014, p. 58