GSP on the iPad...Plus....
Need that special tool? The Math Forum website has always offered multiple resources to support both math teachers and math students.
Now, the Math Forum's Math Tools has grown to become a primary source for technolopgy-based tools...beyond Flash or Java applets. That is, it now provides tools, activities, lesson plans, tPoWs, and support material for Android phones, iPads, iPhones, and other mobile devices.
Be aware that not all of the resources are free, though their downloads are quite inexpensive.
- Key Curriculum Press' free new Sketchpad Explorer for the iPad
- Graphing application for cell phones
- Multiple games for the iPad and cell phones that provide practice and reinforcement of mathematical skills and concepts, such as matching equivalent fractions>/li>
- Visual puzzles, such as the original sliding block Traffic Jam puzzle, complete with 2500 challenges ranging from Beginner to Expert
- Special applications for cell phones, such as a linear and quadratic function graphing tool and curve fitter
In addition to the Math tools, you can join the "Math Tool" community. Participate in discussions of uses of the tools, or help review both the current and future resources. You can even create an "app" and submit it for inclusion amongst the resources.
I expect that this Math Forum Resource will grow exponentially over the next few years.