To Blog and Not to Blog, That is the Question
Guillermo Bautista, University in the Philippines, is involved in teacher education, curricum development, and educational research. His primary interest is the integration of technology in teaching mathematics. His "bragging rights" are that he maintains four blogs and writes about 60 posts each month.
In his words, Bautista's maintains the blog Mathematics and Multimedia:
To provide a conceptual explanation of K-12 mathematics topics
To suggest alternative ways of teaching and learning school mathematics
To share useful and free resources on the internet
To promote the integration of technology in teaching math and other subjects
To create software and web application tutorials
To encourage teachers, students, and enthusiast to write on the web
And, to impart ways on promoting sites and blogs on the internet
Via his blog Mathematics and Multimedia, browse these areas:
Yes, Guillermo Bautista is a busy person, and I am sure I helped him make some advertising money by directing tyraffic to his blogs. But, I am glad he takes the time to share ideas...his and others....you get to sort out the valued from the chaff.
- His Archive of blogs....they vary greatly, by topic and grade level...I know you will find some things to reflect on...
- Explore his special section devoted to GeoGebra applets
- Jump to his new "sub-blog" on Math Palette...devoted to math appreciation
- Jump also to his "sub-blog" on School of Freebies...it will take some browsing here to find items of interest/value
- Finally, jump to his "sub-blog" on Blogineering...Are you interested in starting a blog, then this is for you!