In addition to WSMC and NCTM, mathematics teachers in Washington State also should have a bookmark set to the web site (mathematics page) of the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction. First, it is the primary mathematics education authority for the state, and thereby represents/informs mathematics teachers (K-12) relative to state legislative actions and federal directives. Also, it is a primary pipeline of information relevant to the teaching of mathematics locally and statewide.
As a mathematics teachers, you will use this site for different things at different times:
Now, use the information.....become informed. All of the necessary information is there...you just may have to search for it a little.
- Upcoming OSPI-sponsored conferences and workshops
- Information about the state requirements such as EALRs and GLEs
- Grade level instructional and assessment resources
- Deep alignment guidance
- On another page, reviews of research relevant to your teaching and specific to mathematics education
- Contact information for state level math education consultants (who work with and for you)
- WASL information and links to released test items